Hi Church Family!
As you may be aware, NSW Health has issued some new advice for church services this week. There will be some changes to our Sunday services this week, but the very good news is we’re on! We are able to run church with some changes and we’re excited that we can still gather as the people of God. Here’s what you need to know…
- Masks – Masks will be mandatory for everyone attending our services. We encourage you to bring your own, or we can provide one at check in.
- Singing – NSW Health has advised that the congregation is not allowed to sing in our services. The good news is that the song leaders are still able to sing so we will still have music.
- Kids – Explosion Kidz will be running in the AM service. Check in will be open at the same time as usual.
- Seating – Physical distancing will be extra important, and our hosting team will help you find a seat upon arrival. We expect that we will have more than enough room for everyone in the auditorium.
- Fellowship Time – There will be no ‘fellowship time’ after church and we will be asking everyone to leave as soon as the service is over. There are still plenty of ways to gather for a meal or coffee under current regulations, so we encourage you to find a friend or family to hang out with outside of church instead!
- Volunteers – Volunteers, your team leaders should already have been in touch with anything you need to know. Please reach out if you haven’t yet heard.
The other good news is that we’ll still be livestreaming the AM service! If you need or wish to stay home, we’ll bring church to you in your living room. Make sure to tune in on our YouTube channel at 9:30am and say hello in the chat! You can find our channel here: https://shlhbr.cc/youtube
We’re hopeful these changes will only last one week! We look forward to gathering with you online or in person on Sunday.
The Team at Shellharbour Community Church